I don’t do cookie-cutter, and I don’t work in a silo. Everything I do is customized for my clients’ needs and determined through a collaborative process.
We start with an in-depth conversation and some important questions to consider. I ask about the project’s goals, audience, and timeline, among many other things I need to know before I get started.
While projects vary, this general process remains consistent:
- I ask you about your needs and goals, and I listen carefully to the answers.
- I review relevant materials and make sure I understand the content that already exists.
- I learn the concepts and terminology, and I get a sense of the language your end users relate to.
- When appropriate, I speak with members of your team and other crucial stakeholders.
- I share ideas, recommendations, and concerns that arise for me at the beginning of the project.
- I collaborate with you and relevant team members to design a prototype plan for my work and get your feedback before continuing.
- I maintain close communication with you throughout the project, working together to ensure it’s just what you’re looking for.
- I maintain confidentiality and am happy to sign nondisclosure agreements.
- I diligently meet deadlines (unless the project scope changes).
Much of my work is proprietary, and I'm not allowed to share it publicly. If you're my client, I'll agree to the same confidentiality for you. Please contact me for samples or to discuss my process.
Here are a few things I've done recently:
- Facilitator training manual for the Accelerated Education Working Group of the UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR) (project funded by the Norwegian Refugee Council).
- Case study for UNESCO's 2019 Global Education Monitoring Report (Arab States), compiling information provided by UNICEF Sudan and War Child.
- Academic research reports for the Can't Wait to Learn program (War Child NGO).
- A book about Kubernetes implementation in an Agile software development setting.
- Articles about Agile software development (such as this one).
Technical and Instructional Writing
- Thorough implementation guidelines for the Can't Wait to Learn program (War Child NGO). This is a complex project that will allow the organization to scale up its program.
- E-learning storyboards for pharmaceutical manufacturing training. Collaborated closely with subject matter experts to learn the technical details.
- Corporate leadership development four-day course: Developed complete curriculum for four full-day leadership development and teambuilding classes, including instructor notes, detailed step-by-step facilitator guide, and participant materials.
- Workplace stress reduction program: Lead curriculum developer for an eight-week instructor-led program for school district employees in the United States, including public school teachers.
Please contact me to discuss your upcoming needs.