If your career depends on submitting well-written English documents, you might benefit from some advice about how to strengthen your writing and editing skills. That way, you can reduce the amount of money you need to spend on an external writer or editor.
I offer consulting to anyone who wants to improve their written English.
This process is tailored to your needs but often looks like this:
- You send me something you’re working on.
- I go over it and write editing suggestions onto the document.
- We meet to discuss my recommendations.
- You can decide whether to have me edit the text or just write suggestions and let you do the editing (although I’ll always edit obvious spelling and grammar mistakes). The point is that I explain what I’m doing as I edit, so you can learn from my process and incorporate what I share with you into future writing. (If it’s important that it be done just right in a short time, I strongly recommend having it professionally edited.)
- I can also help you prepare to write something. So even if you don’t have a document to send me upfront, we can discuss how it will be structured, and I can give you some tips for making sure it’s presented clearly and effectively.
This process doesn’t work for everyone. If you really hate writing or if you’re in a hurry, it’s best to just have me do the editing without all this explanation.